I know what everyone says about them but I still want a thigh gap. Maybe it's just because all the pretty girls on tumblr have them but still. I don't think I'll ever have one though :(
Okay you need to stop obsessing over a thigh gap. It’s just a gap between your thighs, that has no function whatsoever. You either have it or you don’t. It’s also not a thigh gap that makes all those girls pretty, they’d still be pretty thigh gap or not.
Thigh gaps are basically genetic. It’s caused by how wide your hips and pelvis are. How thin your legs are. Your body fat, where you’re predisposed to store your fat even.
I also wouldn’t believe all those pictures you see on tumblr. The phrase "The girl in the magazine doesn’t even look like the girl in the magazine" rings a bell here.
I’m going to hate myself for doing this, and if any of you EVER mention it, I will hunt you down.
1) Lets take an average guy.
That would be be at your service. Not too fat, not too thin. Not too muscly and not too skinny.
2) Now lets look at my thighs. They’re big and whatever. I don’t know if you can see it in the picture but theres actually sores on my thigh from it chaffing when I had to run for a bus the other day.
3) Now lets look at me standing normally (with feet together) Oh look at that no thigh gap. Only gap I have is by my knees and ankles because of my calf muscle.
4) Even if I stand with my feet over a foot apart. Oh look still no thigh gap. Damn I must be doing something wrong.
5) I wonder. If I put my feet together and push my knees outward like I see all these tumblr girls doing. (This is really bad for your knees btw) Still no thigh gap, but look most of my legs aren’t touching anymore. That’s a win I guess? smh
6) I wonder what I’m doing wrong? Oh duh I completely forgot to push my hips back. OH HOLY FUCKING SHIT. IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS? Is that a thigh gap on a person who will never naturally have a thigh gap, or want one either? Yes it is.
This has shown me that I need to bulk my legs until this can never happen again. Seriously I’ve chicken legs. Fuck you knee injury.
But it should have shown you that you shouldn’t believe everything you see on tumblr. Camera angle and posture play a major role. And imagine if photoshop was thrown in as well. Just be yourself, accept your body thigh gap or not. I promise you that thigh gaps are neither as important nor attractive as you think they are. Good luck
You have such a baby face. So cute. The first photo makes me want to squeeze your cheeks like relatives do lol
Welcome, new Health/Fit -blrs! A quick guide to your Tumblr journey:
- You cannot spot reduce. That phrase is thrown around all the time. I suggest tattooing it on your body.
- Fruit is your friend! Fruit sugar is different from fruit loop sugar.
- Eight cups of water a day or more. You will spend 50% of your day in the bathroom.
- A promo is short for promotion….
Advice for college freshman
- If you got the choice, live on campus.
- Go to all the events.
- Talk to all the people all the time.
- Don’t eat at the cafeteria. Seriously. Learn how to cook your own food.
- Always have plenty of toilet paper.
- And coffee.
- If you don’t drink coffee, start drinking coffee…